Click CEUs on the main Diagnosis Coding Pro tab Menu Bar to navigate to Coursewebs where you’ll find the quizzes you need to pass to earn your BMSC HCS-D CEUs. Once there, you’ll need to create a login and password to access the quizzes.
The quizzes are tied to the content in each newsletter and each passed quiz is worth 1 CEU, meaning you can earn up to 12 per year.
About BMSC's Home Care Coding Specialist — Diagnosis for ICD-10 (HCS-D)
The HCS-D ICD-10 certification is granted to coding professionals who demonstrate their skill to identify primary and secondary diagnoses from medical documentation, and report those diagnoses on a medical claim to the highest degree of specificity. Coding and reimbursement professionals who hold the HCS-D ICD-10 certification know how to:
- Assign accurate diagnosis codes and ensure the completeness of patient documentation
- Ensure home health agencies receive proper reimbursement
- Communicate coding knowledge with confidence
- Collaborate with clinicians, physicians and/or managers/administrators
- Ensure that all coding-related activities are done in a legal and ethical manner that supports agency policy, regulatory and professional guidelines